- No previous experience necessary
- Suitable for all levels - even beginners
- Diploma course
- Become fully accredited with the CPD Standards Agency
- Gain 10 hours of CPD / CE Credit
- 80 Lessons
- 104 Download resources
- Tutor support 365 days
- Exclusive interactive sharing gallery
- Fully accessible on mobile and tablet devices
- Study at a time that suits you
Who is this course for:
- People wanting an introduction to art therapy
- For those people who would like to use the creative process for self-expression
- Developing the self using the medium of art
- Self-discovery and self-healing
- Enjoyment and recreation
- Can be used for family bonding exercises
- People wanting to build their confidence and self esteem
As well as individuals, the course can also be used by existing counsellors and therapists who may wish to further their learning and add to their existing practice by incorporating new techniques
This course is the perfect introduction to therapeutic art and understanding how we can use the creative process for many areas of self-development, improvement and healing.
As well as a self help model, it can also be used in a therapeutic setting by professionals, such as counsellors and support workers, wishing to integrate art therapy techniques into their client work.
On completion of the course, students will receive three professional certificates. These include a fully accredited diploma, full accreditation with the CPD Standards Agency and the addition of 10 hours of credit.
Although the course has a focus on healing and well-being, it can also be enjoyed as a recreational pursuit, affording relaxation and a means to de-stress.
Here are just some of the things the course can help with:
- Improve confidence and self-esteem
- Acceptance and exploration of Self
- Explore issues surrounding identity
- Illness and trauma
- Expression and communication skills
- Improve relationships and build family bonds
- Use art for recreation and enjoyment
The course will allow you to experience many different forms of therapeutic art as you unlock your creativity and find your inner strengths.
It covers the importance of learning to enjoy the creative process without self-judgement. You'll learn how to appreciate being in the moment with your art and developing your acceptance of self.
Each exercise and technique is followed by examples of how I use them with my clients in my own practice, so that you have a better understanding of the practical application of each.
You will love the simplicity and ease of learning how to incorporate art therapy into your everyday life in order to promote health and well-being.
The course is comprehensive covering a range of fun activities, including creating your own emotions wheel, Zentangles, Zendoodles and Mandalas.
We'll look at how you can explore your deeper feelings while using music as an aid to your creative flow and learn how doodle for better focus and concentration.
We'll also be covering the basics of colour psychology and how you can use these principles in your therapeutic journey.
The course has over 100 downloadable resources for you to enjoy, including making your own affirmation cards and using the medium of creative writing for journaling and ways to heal.
All you need is an internet connection to get started. In terms of art supplies, we recommend basic materials such as paper, pencils and pens etc. It isn’t necessary to invest in expensive equipment to get the full benefit from the course.
- Introduction To The Course
- Exploring Your Body State
- Bonus Lectures
- Student Perspective By Riana
- Student Perspective By Janis
- Exploring Body States With My Clients
- Exploring Zentangles With My Clients
- Exploring Mandalas With My Clients
- Looking at Zendalas
- Using Vision Boards
- Exploring Vision Boards With My Clients
- An Exploration of Your Deeper Feelings
- Exploring Deeper Feelings With My Clients
- Understanding Colour Psychology
- Exploring Colour Psychology With My Clients
- Making Your Own Colour Wheel
- Exploring The Colour Wheel With My Clients
- Making An Emotions Wheel
- Exploring Emotion Wheels With My Clients
- Maslow and The Hierarchy of Needs
- Exploring Maslow With My Clients
- Your Own Kingdom
- Exploring Creating A Kingdom With My Clients
- A Brief Intro To Doodle Art
- Exploring The Use of Doodle Art With My Clients
- Where To Begin With Doodle Art
- Doodling For Help With Memory
- Foundation Level of Doodling
- Mindfulness and Doodling
- Next Level of Doodling
- Doodling For Pleasure and Relaxation
- Self Exploration and The Therapeutic Process
- Creating Your Very Own Superhero
- Exploring Superheroes With My Clients
- Writing Yourself A Therapeutic Postcard
- Exploring Therapeutic Postcards With My Clients
- Using Scribble Art To De-Stress
- Using Spontaneous Images
- Exploring The Use of Spontaneous Images With My Clients
- The Value of Affirmation Cards
- Sending Yourself a Love Letter
- Exploring The Use of Love Letters My Clients
- The Value of Painting Your Emotions
- Exploring Painting Emotions With My Clients
- Creating A Grateful Mandala
- Using Art Journals
- Exploring The Use of Art Journals With My Clients
- Expressing Pain With Writing
- Create A Therapeutic Teapot
- Creating A Well Being and Gratitude Jar
- Self Portraits
- Exploring The Use of Self Portraits With My Clients
- Our Inner/Outer Selves
- Exploring Inner/Outer Selves With My Clients
- Find Out What is Stopping You
- Self Healing Images
- Exploring Using Self Healing Images With My Clients
- Creating A Therapeutic Comic Strip
- Exploring The Use of Comics Strips With My Clients
- How To Use Meditative Painting
- Making An About You Cube
- Creative Writing To Your Younger Self
- Exploring Writing With My Clients
- Recreational Drawing Using Pen/ and Ink
- Using Pencils For Still Life Drawing
- Drawing Classical Still Life
- Drawing Contours
- Creating Family Bonds Using Therapeutic Art
- How To Access Your Inner Child
- Exploring Accessing Your Inner Child With My Clients
- Face Paints - Creating A Clown
- Face Paints - Creating A Tiger
- Using String and Chalk
- Fabrics and Therapeutic Art
- Working With Clay
- Creating A Piñata
- Exploring Creative Writing For Therapeutic Benefit
LIBBY SEERY - Ad.Dip.Psych, PGDip.CBT, Dip.Couns, Dip.NLP, Dip.Psych.Coach
I am a Psychotherapist, Counsellor, and Therapeutic Art Practitioner.
I run a very successful practice in Harley Street, London which is recognised the world over as a centre of medical excellence.
I am a highly trained specialist with a wealth of experience, working with people from all walks of life; including referrals from charities, I'm involved in, to very high profile clients from all over the world.
As well as my client work, I have had a number of works published and have appeared on TV and radio.
All of my online courses are fully accredited with the CPD Standards Agency and offer students the opportunity to gain CPD credits/hours.
I am also the founder of Renaissance Life Therapies Training Academy, which offers courses in art therapy, counselling, CBT and other areas of self-development.
As an accredited CPD training provider, I have more than 120,000 students, from 190 countries, and have been honoured with a number of awards for my contribution to education.
I also write and lecture on my subject, as well as training other doctors and counsellors in specialist areas of counselling and therapeutic art.
Classes by this teacher
January 8, 2018
October 16, 2017
February 4, 2018